1920s, Beck Square and the creation of daughter lodges; the St Andrew in Cullompton and the Vale of Culm in Uffculme
In 1965 the Beck Square premises were sold to the Borough Council for redevelopment and our new home here in Castle Street was dedicated 3rd September 1966 by the Provincial Grand Master for Devonshire Right Worshipful C.A.Crews assisted by the Deputy Provincial Grand Master W.Bro. W.A.Kneel and the two Assistant Provincial Grand Masters W. Bro. Dr. F.Watt and W.Bro. C.R.Browne, with other eminent provincial officers.
The Lodge has been well served by the brethren who planned and carried out the move and future generations will praise their good work.
For over fifty years the growth and strength of masonry in the district was centred on St. Peter’s, but in 1920 Saint Andrew Lodge was established in Cullompton. This was followed in 1925 by the Vale of Culm in Uffculme and All Souls in Tiverton in 1948.